Reuters

Mourinho ‘confirms’ Madrid exit, say son's team

Mourinho ‘confirms’ Madrid exit, say son's team

Last update18/04/2013 at 01:36

Publishedon 18/04/2013 at 00:42

Last update18/04/2013 at 01:36

Publishedon 18/04/2013 at 00:42

Article by FootballEspana

Jose Mourinho has reportedly told coaches at Canillas he will not be at Real Madrid next season.

The Portuguese has continually been linked with a summer departure from the Santiago Bernabeu, with Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and most recently Monaco all said to be interested in recruiting him.

However, there has been no official comment from Mourinho to confirm any exit from Madrid, until reportedly this Wednesday when he met with the coaching staff at Canillas, the capital-based team where his son plays.

“Mourinho told us that next year he won’t be able to talk to the Coaches because he will not be here,” Canillas President Manuel Alvarez told Punto Pelota.

“If Mourinho is going then it is a great loss for Spanish football. I hope Florentino Perez can fix it.”

Spanish and French outlets AS and RTL are both running the quotes too.

Reports earlier in the week suggested Mourinho had rejected an offer from Chelsea and was open to staying at Madrid for a fourth term.

Reading now: