Palmer unlikely to pursue FFA lawsuit
Maverick billionaire Clive Palmer says he is unlikely to pursue a $20 million lawsuit against Football Federation Australia (FFA).
Palmer threatened to sue FFA after being stripped of the Gold Coast United A-League licence earlier this year.
But Palmer said he wanted to "go forward positively" after the findings of an independent public inquiry into the state of Australian soccer that he commissioned were released on Friday.
"I think legally we are correct. I don't think there is any doubt about that," Palmer said of his stance against the FFA.
"But we don't want to focus on the problem - we want to focus on the solution.
"What happened to me is not important to the Australian public. What I have lost, I have lost.
"The most important thing is to go forward positively."
Palmer's Football Australia (FA) body held the inquiry to compile recommendations from a cross-section of the football community.
FA independent commissioner Gary Collis presented the 48-page document that he said would be distributed to a range of organisations including the FFA as well as members of parliament at state and federal levels.
Collis said one of the main recommendations was for the FFA corporate structure to be broken down.
Collis hoped the inquiry's findings would herald a new era of accountability and transparency in the game.
However, he expected the FFA to publicly slam the inquiry's findings.
"Publicly, they will say it is a joke but, inside their headquarters, they will be quite concerned," Collis said.
"I am sure they will say they are not interested in the report, then they will find a dark corner, put the torch on and read it."