The Australian outsprinted a strong field on the uphill final stretch to take the win ahead of Chris Sutton (Sky) and Allan Davies (Astana).
HTC-Highroad's Goss is racing for Tasmanian team E3/Pure Tas for the duration of the race.
"We have a really strong team here and Wes and Bernie Sulzberger covered every move well," Goss said.
"This is one of the hardest circuits. The wind here coming off the ocean makes it difficult on the home and back straight which makes the course hard."
1. Matthew Goss (E3/Pure Tasmania)
2. Chris Sutton (Team Sky)
3. Allan Davis (Bikebug.com)
4. Graeme Brown (Urban)
5. Leigh Howard (Jayco VIS)
6. Michael Matthews (Urban)
7. Mark Renshaw (O2 Networks)
8. Joel Pearson (Genesys Wealth Advisers)
9. Baden Cooke (Lowe Farms/Boomaroo Nurseries)
10. Jonathon Cantwell (Lowe Farms/Boomaroo Nurseries)
- Related links